Monday, June 15, 2015

Continuing the Journey

It's hard to believe that the group's time in India is over. But from so many of the stories that the kids have shared, it is clear that their leadership and global citizenship journeys are far from over. We can't wait for the kids to get home and share everything with you that they have expressed about the impact of this trip--strike that--the impact of these people upon their lives.

As I type this, the kids are all in the Mumbai airport awaiting their flights. Rick Dunn and I (Kyle Vaughn) would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to Susan, our WLS instructor, and Krishna, our WLS guide, for all of their leadership, love, and care. They are two of the most warm, inspiring, and professional people you'll ever meet. And thanks to Ross, Erin, Jennifer, and Maria at WLS (hope I didn't miss anyone!) for all the work they have done to get us to this point. And I would like to extend my deepest thanks and admiration for Rick Dunn and all that he did to make this happen. You were an amazing travel partner, and I am so grateful you allowed me to experience this with our students. 

And, thanks to our parents for allowing us to journey with your kids on this incredible experience.

And last, but not least, thanks to our students for investing so much time, energy, and heart into everything we did. Coach Dunn and I are so proud of you!








0 comments:

Post a Comment